Running a sustainable business, where risks are managed in a responsible way, requires insight in relevant financial reporting, operational, compliance and strategic risks. As part of the Company’s 2nd line of defense, the Risk and Controls (R&C) function supports global, regional and local senior management in their discharge of their responsible risk management and compliance responsibilities.
About Ahold Delhaize
We’re Ahold Delhaize, one of the world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce. Together with our 19 strong local retail brands in the United States, Europe and Indonesia, we make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers, our people and the world around us. We offer a highly dynamic, international work environment in which our associates thrive.
This is what you’ll be doing
The Manager R&C ERM and ESG for Europe, along with a team of other similar two R&C managers (one for US and one for GSO) and in close collaboration with the Sustainable Retailing team, the EU BPP team and EBS ESG Director will be responsible for supporting the articulation of ESG risks, the formalization of an ESG internal control framework that will underpin the ESG KPI Data reporting process, and for providing the corresponding reasonable assurance over the defined controls. To achieve this result, the manager must anticipate requirements, keep up to date with regulations, address problems by coming up with effective and efficient solutions, create analyses and apply judgement.
Our long-term ambition is to fully integrate ESG data consolidation, business control and management reporting from across the brands to ensure the consistency and accuracy of Ahold Delhaize’s external reporting of financial and ESG data. Increased transparency, stronger data quality and strict target setting are needed to effectively manage the Healthy & Sustainable growth driver, and to ensure compliance with external reporting needs. In addition, the company sees an increase in regulatory requirements to which the company needs to comply. This position is preferably based in Zaandam or in Brussels and will report administratively to the EU R&C lead for Europe and functionally to the Global ERM/ESG lead.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing relationships with various regional functions (as assigned) with respect to their ERM and ESG agenda
Within these assigned regional functions, supporting corporate line management in:
- The identification of risks, controls and mitigating actions (e.g., via workshops and / or continuous communications) as related to ESG activities.
- Monitoring, supporting, and reporting on the design / operating effectiveness of internal controls (on ESG), including the resolution of control issues and findings.
- Collaborate with Global and Brand R&C teams to maintain (and optimize) the Ahold Delhaize ESG Control framework, including upholding R&C standards, and development of instructions, guidance (or training) for local Operating Companies and R&C teams.
- Design and facilitate training sessions and workshops to both improve ERM processes and increase awareness of the importance of a sound Risk Management culture.
- Provide coaching to brand teams in the H1 and H2 ERM profile update and reporting process.
- Consolidate the brand ERM profiles to produce the “Bottom up” view of company risks for Europe
- Coordinate sessions and meetings with EU LT members and other regional influential leaders to capture their views on risks and articulate the “Top to Bottom” view of company risks.
- Assess, propose, and assist in the implementation of Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s) for applicable risks
- Respond to different ad-hoc projects and requests which require risk assessment exercises or design / implementation of temporary and permanent internal controls across other company initiatives, such as ESG KPI reporting, EU taxonomy and TCFD.
- Serve as a lead point of contact with external auditors to handle different requests in their execution of their annual audit and assurance plan for ESG Controls.
We’re looking for a highly motivated candidate who has strong analytical skills and is a relationship manager by heart. You’re pragmatic and know how to get things done. You fully understand and take into account the business needs to provide meaningful insights.
Also, you have:
- Have a Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 6 years of experience in auditing or risk management roles related to ESG within a multinational and/or Big4
- CRMP is a plus.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of experience in developing and delivering training to larger groups
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in ESG process and controls and KPI reporting
- Able to apply knowledge to complex projects and processes
- Strong English communications skills (including public speaking skills), ability to create clear, concise, and high-impact communications to support company visibility on health and sustainability
- Strategic thinker with ability to bring concepts into action
- Building relationships easily across cultures and able to manage different stakeholders (different hierarchy level, different countries)
- Strong leadership and management skills, motivating manager and team player
- Analytical skills to interpret and analyze information, numbers, and trends
- Coordination across cross-functional, multi-cultural teams to deliver a project
- Strong team player
- High level of integrity and strong alignment to Ahold Delhaize values
- Works efficiently with strong prioritization and time management skills
What’s in it for you?
Aside from what we ask of you in this role, we also have a great deal to offer you: plenty of growth opportunities and various cross-brand career options; flexible working hours; a hybrid working model and the chance to drive meaningful change on a global scale. You can look forward to a good work-life balance, and the chance to work in an inclusive environment that wholeheartedly encourages growth and welcomes you just the way you are.
Furthermore, you can expect:
- A gross annual salary of €72.500 – €82.500 based on full-time employment
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Attractive bonuses
- A first-rate pension plan
Are you keen to join Ahold Delhaize’s Risk Management team? Even if you don’t tick all the boxes, but you still believe you have the personality and skills that make you a suitable candidate, we strongly encourage you to reach out to us. Apply now via this link: Manager Risk & Control ERM/ESG | Ahold Delhaize, or feel free to contact Bart Spikker, Talent Acquisition Partner Finance, via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands, we broadly define diversity as being inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.