The team spirit, the positive results, the "yes, we can" and the audacious idea that works, it all starts with you!
As an IT Manager Retail, you are in the driving seat to shape Delhaize of tomorrow. Thanks to your passion, your helpfulness and willing to simplify things you make, with your team, the difference for our stores to realize their objectives efficiently and serve clients with a smile. Will your IT talent and your hands-on way of working fit the job? Let’s find out
As IT Manager Retail, you are ultimately responsible for all IT solutions within Delhaize shops in Belgium and Luxembourg. This involves implementations, adjustments, or innovations (check-out systems, self-scanning solutions, electronic price labels, scales and so on). You will coordinate, manage, supervise and/or participate in the delivery with regards to all retail applications, contribute to related strategies and ensure their implementation. Your main goals are to ensure the realization of short-, medium- and long-term IT retail objectives and to ensure qualitative delivery of your team and suppliers in line with the needs and requirements of the business.
As IT Manager Retail, you carry full responsibility of diverse projects within your scope. This makes this position very challenging and full of variety.
• IT Strategy: you contribute to the development of IT Retail strategies and ensure their implementation in the organization to ensure that strategies optimally direct mid/long term activities for the retail area and are compliant with global (IT) strategy.
• IT-Business Consultancy: you contribute to the development of effective business solutions through improvements in IT systems for the management of suppliers servicing goods/support and ensure their implementation in the business.
• Delivery: you plan, organize, and supervise people and teams who deliver solutions, projects or services and take an active part in the delivery for the Retail IT domain to ensure the effectiveness of services, the efficient use of resources and the delivery of results (such as completion time, quality, continuity, compliance, budgets, IT security policy …).
• IT Tools and Systems: you evaluate, identify, develop and/or deploy appropriate IT domain tools, systems, and infrastructure to maximize the value of business tools & systems and contribute to the effectiveness of the operations.
• Knowledge management: you keep track of relevant developments in assigned IT Retail domain, exchange knowledge with colleagues and contribute to knowledge transfer within the organization, in order to be informed on trends and developments and be able to put these into practice.
• Budgeting and Costing: you manage and/or give input in the development and/or delivery of budget plans for the management of suppliers servicing goods/support.
• Advice: you recommend technical/professional (and organizational) IT Retail solutions to ensure that next level(s) management is enabled to make optimal decisions.
• Optimization / Continuous Improvements: you initiate, formulate, and implement new solutions or practices for the IT Retail domain; manages the development and/or delivery of (a part of) the change management program for the organization.
• Partnerships / Collaboration: you initiate, build and/or maintain/expand partnerships with a variety of colleagues and external providers / partners.
• You report directly to the IT Director in charge (N-2).
• You have a Master or equivalent through experience and have approximately 5-10 years of experience.
• You have experience as IT domain manager and/or a Retail experience coupled with interest in IT.
• You have good technical writing skills, strong presentation skills, and technical support documentation skills.
• You are result-oriented and have a structured problem solving approach.
• You are stress-resistant.
• You have influencing & facilitation skills, as well as analytical – and conceptual thinking.
• You bring entrepreneurship, work pragmatically, set your own goals, and achieve them through personal motivation and managing your team.
• You understand the organization’s goals and objectives and to step in hands-on.
• You have strong knowledge of English and French and/or Dutch.
A job with room for real responsibilities and impact? At Delhaize you can. You will receive an attractive salary adapted to your experience. Moreover, you enjoy various extra-legal benefits: company car with fuel card, net compensation, annual corporate performance-based bonus, meal vouchers, extensive group and hospitalization compensation, and of course a staff discount in the stores! And development? That goes fast at Delhaize. Through our training courses, on the store floor and through our training catalog, you get the space to do so. Growth? That too is possible. Just ask one of your future colleagues.
Does the position above appeal to you? Then apply immediately and discover what your possibilities are at Delhaize!