As Category Development Expert within our marketing department you will define, develop and implement a go to market strategy for all product categories and strategic pillars to create, enforce and sustain Delhaize’s unique retail DNA. Ensuring E2E alignment and collaboration between product, store concept, marketing, retail, promo services and external stakeholders together with the filière – and category managers, supported by the Brand & Go to market Director. You will identify the key drivers for consumers and define the go to market strategy. Together with the filière and category managers you will ensure implementation of this strategy and thus ensure development and growth of these categories. You drive and build strong filière marketing exchange of information to ensure that the strategic vision around the key categories and strategic projects is fully embedded in all categories and to ensure alignment and execution of marketing strategies in the filières.
- Develop the go to market strategy for strategic pillars health, local, sustainability when directly linked to the categories to reinforce Delhaize brand image (e.g.: Sustainable fish, local F&V, cotton bags, etc.).
- Define go to market strategy for product innovations and set priorities amongst all innovative products of different categories with the eye on growth of the Delhaize brand.
- Collect, analyze, and provide the main relevant market figures and management reports, on a periodic and ad hoc basis. Set KPI’s and monitor the impact on the brand image to make results measurable and gain insights that serve as a basis for optimizing the current and future marketing campaigns.
- Manage the yearly budget for the key categories and strategic pillars, to ensure a growth-proof, stable, dynamic & cost-efficient marketing process.
- Stay up to date on relevant developments for respective categories and exchange knowledge with relevant stakeholders to stay informed on broader market trends and developments, and be able to act upon them.
- Master degree economics or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant experience in retail & insight marketing
- Strong link with Food categories
- Knowledge on Sustainability, local, health
- Good strategic thinking & analytic
- Trilingual ( NL, FR, ENG )