The Global Support Office (GSO) tax team of the Ahold Delhaize group is based in Zaandam and Brussels. We are looking for a Specialist Tax Compliance & Tax Compliance to strengthen our tax team in Brussels. You will report directly to the Director Tax Compliance & Tax Accounting Group and EU.
Your role will involve the preparation of the Direct Tax Compliance BELUX including tax audits, the preparation of Tax Accounting BELUX and the preparation of the Local Transfer Pricing BE and LUX.
The scope of responsibilities for the Specialist Tax Compliance & Tax Accounting we are looking for is exceptionally diverse and challenging.
You will be responsible for :
– Tax Compliance:
- Prepare and coordinate all aspects of Direct Tax Compliance for the BELUX region, including corporate tax, withholding tax, and TP activities for BELUX banners.
- Manage and coordinate corporate income tax audits, responses to information requests, tax corrections, litigations, or any other interactions with BELUX tax authorities.
- Coordinate contacts with BE tax authorities for access to horizontal monitoring in Belgium, representing BELUX tax interests and ensuring collaboration with operational departments.
- Investigate and propose the utilization of tax technologies and robotics to enhance and streamline direct tax compliance processes. Implement and oversee their implementation as approved by tax management/Board.
– Tax Accounting:
- Prepare and coordinate the monthly and quarterly computation of income tax according to IFRS and BEGAAP standards.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of deferred tax positions and related reporting duties within the framework of quarterly closings.
- Coordinate the forecasting of cash tax due based on budgets, providing valuable insights for financial planning.
- Lead, coordinate, and control the forecast of tax P&L impacts (IFRS & local GAAP) based on budgets.
– Risk management:
- Analyze, review, and propose improvements to Internal Control procedures and controls related to the Direct Tax Control Framework.
- Assess and recommend enhancements to key controls and internal controls, performing necessary controls and reporting to the Director of Tax Compliance & Tax Accounting Group and relevant business departments.
Additionally, you will also take an advisory role and be responsible for the required documentation and reporting.
– You have a master's degree in Tax Law or a related field with a specialization in tax or a Master's Degree in Law/Economics with a tax specialization.
– You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in tax planning, tax compliance, and tax accounting, preferably with at least some experience within a Big Four firm.
– You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
– You have excellent communication skills.
– You are eager to learn and adapt to new challenges.
– You are flexible in terms of time and content.
– You are fluent in Dutch, French, and English.
A job and a rich personal life? At Delhaize, it's possible.
You'll receive an attractive salary tailored to your experience. Additionally, you'll enjoy various extralegal benefits: company car with fuel/charging card, mobile phone with subscription, net allowance, annual bonus, meal vouchers, extensive group insurance, and optional hospitalization allowance, as well as an employee discount in the store!
Working from home is self-evident and is adapted differently for each job.
And as for career growth? It happens fast at Delhaize. Through on-the-job training and our training catalog, you'll have the opportunity to expand your skills.
Professional growth within the company? That's possible too. Just ask one of your future colleagues.
Sounds appealing? Apply now and discover your possibilities at Delhaize!