As a Senior Legal Advisor, you will support the further development of the Commerce, E-Commerce and Quality departments for all legal aspects. In this role:
- You act as a strategic partner to the business in managing risks and opportunities.
- You screen, analyse, draft, review and negotiate various kinds of business agreements and other legal documents considering the needs of the business.
- You assist internal clients in negotiatinglong-term strategic partnership agreements with key suppliers and other stakeholders, as well as litigation, mediation and settlements.
- You assist and guide internal clients with the legal aspects of their business activities and projets, providing pragmatic solutions that answer their needs in order to prevent and minimize the risks to which they could be exposed.
- You explain and implement legal ideas that bring additional value to the company.
- You will be relied upon for individual legal advices and creative solutions.
- You will proactively monitor and follow up relevant legal developments. You will identify the potential impact on the business as well as ensure appropriate communication and training with the business partners.
- You understand and assess relevant business issues and the organization’s operating procedure; and connecting these to define creative alternatives, tactics and work priorities.
- You partner with the Commerce, E-Commerce, Sourcing and Quality departments in their negotiations with their respective business partners, be part of multidisciplinary teams on various projects in these areas and will provide support from a legal point of view.
- You develop the “legal reflex” of the business by organizing a.o. legal training.
- You obtained a master'sdegree in Law at a Belgian university with minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- You have experience in the drafting and negotiating of a broad variety of commercial agreements each with a certain degree of complexity and for different purposes (e.g. Non-disclosure agreement, (framework) purchase agreements, partnership agreements, letter of intents, etc.). Further, you have a strong interest and/or relevant expertise in antitrust regulations and their practical implementation thereof when negotiating and drafting commercial agreements.
- You are fluent in French and Dutch, with very good knowledge of English.
- You have a keen interest to develop your knowledge of Delhaize’s business.
- You are a very communicative and you have great interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels.
- You have strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and to work under pressure.
- You are able to think out of the box and are solution oriented.
- You are hands-on and able to take sharp decisions.
- You are a real team player with a good sense of humor.
Combining a healthy work life balance and a challenging job ? At Delhaize, it's possible. You will receive an attractive salary that is adapted to your experience. In addition, you enjoy various extra-legal benefits: company car with fuel card, mobile phone plus subscription, net pay, annual bonus, meal vouchers, extended group and hospitalisation insurance, and of course a discount for staff in our integrated stores ! And what about continuous learning? It goes fast at Delhaize. Thanks to training courses, both in the field and via our training catalogue, you get the space you need to do so. Keep evolving? That is also possible. Ask one of your future colleagues. Are you interested in the position above? Then apply immediately and find out what opportunities you have at Delhaize!#LI-SSMET