As Forecaster within e-commerce you develop statistically accurate forecasts and coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure the right stock levels for Delhaize’s e-commerce channel, taking into consideration commercial objectives and operational constraints. Your goal is to improve service level KPIs (online availability, order & item completeness), while keeping operational costs (shrink, picking costs, etc.) under control. You achieve this through continuous tracking & reporting, and advising on improvements. You will report to the E-Commerce Commercial Manager and work closely together with the e-commerce commercial & operations teams as well as the broader Delhaize data & analytics and forecasting & replenishment teams.
- Online sales forecasting: Develop and evaluate online sales forecasts depending on statistical modeling, operational capacity and marketing strategies.
- Improve statistical accuracy of forecasting algorithms: Assess and improve statistical accuracy of existing forecasting algorithms in collaboration with data and analytics team.
- Target setting: In collaboration with operational & commercial teams, set targets for service level KPI that ensure the right balance between sales, customer satisfaction & operational costs.
- Track & report on service level KPI: Continuously track and report on service level KPIs, with a focus on sensitive items, campaign items & high-runners.
- Align with key stakeholders such as e-commerce operations, data & analytics, replenishment, etc. to ensure that service level targets are met.
- Act on deviations versus forecasts: Mitigate the risks of inaccurate forecasts by taking the necessary actions in case of deviations.
- Master in Applied Economics, Commercial Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or similar.
- Minimum 3 years in retail industry (merchandising, forecasting, supply chain, purchasing, etc.), preferably in food retail.
- Proven analytical skills
- Result-driven approach
- Experience with BI tools
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Trilingual: Dutch, French, English
A job and a richly filled private life? At Delhaize you can. You will receive an attractive salary adapted to your experience. Moreover, you enjoy various extra-legal benefits: company car with fuel card, cell phone plus subscription, net compensation, annual bonus, meal vouchers, extensive group and hospitalization compensation, and of course a staff discount in the store! And growing? That goes fast at Delhaize. Through our training courses, on the store floor and through our training catalog, you get the space to do so. Evolution? That too is possible. Just ask one of your future colleagues.
Does the position above appeal to you? Then apply immediately and discover what your possibilities are at Delhaize! #LI-ESCHU1070