Are you passionate about risk management and curious to see how it works at Delhaize? Do you like to be a real business partner and help the business reach their objectives? Are you driven by challenges and keen to make things evolve? Then this job is certainly for you! You join the Risk & Control team, in the finance department of one the top Belgian retailers, and you participate in the risk management practice of a company with annual revenues of 50 billion Euros. You quickly develop your skills and are actively involved in crucial projects for the company. You work with 2 other colleagues in a fast-moving environment and are closely connected with a very dynamic finance team. Every day, you contribute to achieving our common objective: to ensure the good management of the company’s risks (financial, operational, compliance & strategic) in various business domains (financial management, ESG reporting, logistics, sourcing, pricing, etc).
Sounds like something for you? Then come and join us in our brand new headquarter, where flexible working is an integral part of our core values (up to 3 days per week home working).
Being part of our Risk & Control team is an enriching experience where you will make an impact.
- You act as a business partner by providing advisory services to business managers, supporting them in the identification and controlling of their risks, and helping them design mitigating actions
- You work with the team in enhancing the internal control framework. You do this based on risk assessments and policy requirements (including new ESG reporting requirements).
- You monitor the execution of the most important controls and provide valuable recommendations to the business.
- You discuss improvements and issues with your business stakeholders, and you think along in suitable solutions.
- You build and maintain a strong network of internal and external stakeholders.
- You are part of an European Risk & Control organization, being closely connected in sharing knowledge, expertise and best practices in order to constantly improve our way of working and learn from each other.
● You hold a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics.
● You have 3-5 years of working experience in one or more of the following areas: external/internal audit, internal controls, business controlling, financial controlling
● You are a keen learner, have a “can do” attitude and like challenges.
● You are fluent in English and in one of the domestic languages (NL and/or FR).
● You are interested in business process understanding, are not afraid to challenge the status quo and to make recommendations.
● You can demonstrate analytical skills to understand and challenge processes and to be able to advice on risk management and control implementation.
A job and a richly fulfilled private life? At Delhaize, it is possible. You will receive an attractive salary commensurate with your experience. In addition, you receive various extra-legal benefits: company car with fuel card, mobile phone plus subscription, net remuneration, annual bonus, meal vouchers, extended group and hospitalization insurance, and of course a discount for staff in the store! And what about continuous learning? Things are going fast at Delhaize. With multiple training options, classroom, on the job and through our training catalog (including thousands of LinkedIn training as well), you get the space you need to do just that. Continue to evolve? It is also possible. Ask one of your future colleagues.
Are you interested? Then apply immediately and find out more about what Delhaize has to offer you.#LI-LVH