As IT & Digital Legal Manager you will have the responsibility as a member of the legal Department to support and advise the business, IT, the digital and operational teams in matters relating to IT agreements, IT outsourcing agreements, licensing agreements and provide legal advice in digital projects. Your responsibilities will span for all legal aspects related to IT & Digital services for Delhaize Belgium & Luxemburg and for all IT framework agreements and IT regional “BECSE” projects (Belgium, Central, South and Eastern Europe).
The position reports to the VP Legal, Ethics and Compliance of Delhaize Belux and will work closely with the Belux legal department, the Global and European sourcing teams as well as with IT and business counterparts in the BECSE region.
- Drafting, negotiating and ensuring compliance with internal policies and applicable legislation for all IT, Data & Technology agreements for Delhaize Belux, and for international cross-brand projects in the BECSE region;
- Work closely with the different departments of Delhaize Belux, in particularly with the IT teams and the IT sourcing organization and assist with the negotiation of framework and strategic agreements as well as offering day-to-day support;
- Act as a legal advisor regarding the digital transformation of Delhaize Belgium & Luxemburg and for cross-brand matters for the BECSE region and negotiate agreements with suppliers in this respect, with an attention for all related legal aspects, in close collaboration with the data protection lawyers;
- Provide the necessary legal trainings to the IT sourcing, the IT Project management and digital teams;
- Initiate projects and develop procedures, guidelines, templates and provide legal advice in order to harmonize the processes within Delhaize Belux;
- Together with the Global / European IT Legal teams, coordinate cross-brand framework agreements for international accounts;
- You form a member of the Delhaize Belux legal team and also work closely with the Global and European sourcing teams as well as with IT and business counterparts in the BECSE region.
- You obtained a Master in Law in Belgium, and have a strong interest and experience around IT and Technology laws.
- You have + 8 years of relevant experience in the field of IT, Data, Data Protection & Technology.
- You are organizational savvy and can operate in a complex matrix environment.
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- You are a natural influencer and relationship builder with team members and key contacts.
- You are a true team player and can at the same time able work autonomously.
- You are organized, methodical, with a keen eye for detail.
- You have a flexible, open-minded and international mindset.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of Dutch and French are considered an asset.
- You are willing to travel occasionally (when traveling is permitted).
Combining a healthy work life balance and a challenging job? At Delhaize, it's possible. You will receive an attractive salary that is adapted to your experience. In addition, you enjoy various extra-legal benefits: company car with fuel card, mobile phone plus subscription, net pay, annual bonus, meal vouchers, extended group and hospitalization insurance, and of course a discount for staff in our integrated stores! And what about continuous learning? It goes fast at Delhaize. Thanks to training courses, both in the field and via our training catalogue, you get the space you need to do so. Keep evolving? That is also possible. Ask one of your future colleagues.